Statement of Risk
Outdoor and adventurous activities place the participant in potentially unfamiliar environments and pose a danger of personal injury or death. Participants undertaking these activities should be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own actions and involvement. Nine Glens Adventure Tours will ensure such precautions are in place to minimise the likely hood of any incidents occurring.
Terms and Conditions Safety and Participant statement
• Adventurous activities are potentially hazardous with a danger of personal injury or death. By booking one of our activities you are aware of and accept these risks and will be responsible for your own and your groups actions and involvement. An instructor who holds the relevant awards or qualifications will lead these activities and will maintain a high level of safety throughout the activities.
• To enable Nine Glens Adventure Tours to manage these risks you agree to acknowledge the need for responsible behaviour and that the instructors’ word is final on all matters of safety. You confirm that you are familiar with the nature of the activities that you wish to undertake and acknowledge those risks that are inherent therein and that you may freely withdraw from any activity.
• The consent form must be completed, signed and returned to a staff member of Nine Glens Adventure Tours
• All equipment provided by Nine Glens Adventure Tours is essential to take part in the any activity. For the safety of individuals, the instructor has the responsibility to correctly equip and educate about every piece of safety kit at the beginning of the session.
• It is the responsibility of the participant to continue to use the equipment correctly throughout the session and to notify the instructor if they feel something is not right. If participant notices any damage to equipment, they must notify a member of staff.
• If any safety equipment is taken off, Nine Glens Adventure Tours takes no responsibility to the negligence of the participant.
• All staff are first aid trained. In the event of an incident (injury or illness) a staff member has the right to perform necessary emergency treatment.
• All medical conditions which may affect participation must be disclosed above.
• Any required/ emergency medication must be carried by the instructor during the session. This will be kept in a specific dry bag. Participant must remember to collect medication after the session. Nine Glens Adventure Tours is not held responsible for medication left with the instructor.
• All activity fees are exempt of VAT.
• The fee of the activity must be paid in full at the time of booking unless otherwise agreed with Nine Glens Adventure Tours.
Cancellation by client
• All cancellations must be in writing and with at least 48 hours’ notice.
• Payments are non-refundable if less than 48 hours’ notice is given.
Cancellation by Nine Glens Adventure Tours
• Whilst every attempt is made to ensure that activities run, Nine Glens Adventure Tours will notify the client of cancellation as soon as possible where it believes, on reasonable grounds, that cancellation is necessary due to dangerous and/or unsuitable conditions for the activity.
• In the event of cancellation clients will be offered the choice of the following options: Full refund of activity fee if already paid or an alternative activity that is still able to be run in its place.