Most people who go on guided walking tours worry about how difficult they are going to be and will I be able to keep up with the group or will I be the one that slows them down, well don’t worry. Our tours are aimed at those of you who wish to explore Rathlin Island at a moderate pace, so you are not expected to be an avid walker or incredibly fit and the walks are a maximum of 3 hours in duration. All our walking leaders are experienced and professional guides with first aid training.
What Should I bring?
We have listed a few essentials that you will have to bring along and when you make your booking we will send you out a full list of essentials.
• Comfortable and sturdy boots or shoes
• Waterproof jacket & over trousers
• Thick socks / hat / gloves
• Water bottle
• Sunscreen / Insect repellent
and for that special moment, your camera!
How do I book a tour?
Pick the tour you’d like to join, choose the date that suits you and follow the steps through to the checkout. We will then send you a confirmation email.
What is your Cancellation Policy?
• All cancellations must be in writing and with at least 48 hours’ notice.
• Payments are non-refundable if less than 48 hours’ notice is given.
• Whilst every attempt is made to ensure that activities run, Nine Glens Adventure Tours will notify the client of cancellation as soon as possible where it believes, on reasonable grounds, that cancellation is necessary due to dangerous and/or unsuitable conditions for the activity.
• In the event of cancellation, clients will be offered the choice of the following options: Full refund of activity fee if already paid or an alternative activity that is still able to be run in its place.
Where is the meeting point?
Rathlin Forage - Our meeting point is at the archway beside the Co-Op shop All other tours - Our meeting point is at the Ferry Terminal in Ballycastle unless you will already be on Rathlin Island. If this is the case, we will arrange a meeting point ahead of the tour.
What time do your Walks Start?
Start times will be confirmed once Rathlin Island Ferry Company Ltd have released their timetable
*We strongly advise booking your ferry travel in advance as spaces fill up quickly*